Pressure Equipment Engineering Services, Inc. has following capabilities in the area of Structural Engineering / Analysis:
- Structural engineering calculations per AISC (American Institute of Steel Construction) to design, analyze and check the load carrying capacities of various structural components (vessel internal components, rectangular ducts with stiffeners, pipe racks, pipe supports, beams, columns, structural connections etc.).
- Calculations of minimum retirement thickness based on structural engineering considerations (also known as structural Min. ‘T’) to avoid jeopardizing the structural stability of pressure equipment (Pressure vessels, Heat exchangers, tanks and piping).
- Structural Analysis and Design of special structures and non-pressure parts (e.g. platforms, ladders, clips and other attachments) attached to various parts of Pressure Vessels and Heat Exchangers. These calculations may include hand calculations or customized MathCAD / excel spreadsheet calculations.
- Finite element analysis of various structural components.
- Structural stability analysis (e.g. nonlinear buckling analysis) to make sure that the structure / mechanical component will not buckle for the given design loading.
- Design of special lifting devices (lifting lugs, tailing lugs, skirt braces etc.) to be used during construction phase.
- Specialized structural engineering calculations to provide construction support for various stages of construction so that most cost effective and safe procedures are used for equipment handling.
Here are some examples of Structural Engineering / Analysis performed by Pressure Equipment Engineering Services, Inc.